You or your loved one had surgery in a hospital and now you need post-operative care at home. Neither you can go to the hospital everyday nor […]
JOB TITLE: REGISTERED NURSING PRACTITIONER (RNP)
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY NURSING SUPERINDENT
QUALIFICATION: B.SC NURSING / DGNM
EXPERIENCE: 6 months – 10 years (Home healthcare experience will be an advantage)
LICENSES: Registration certificate from Nursing Council
JOB OVERVIEW: Ability to provide standard nursing care at patient’s home, assess the complications and ascertain prompt help from the clinical team. Being able to do first aid during emergency and escalate for medical assistance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Provide care to clients with varied chronic debilitating conditions in a unique setting such as client’s residence.
• Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to clients, friends, and families.
• Maintains safe and sterile working environment by practising barrier nursing and complying with the nursing protocols.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocol, medication administration and storage procedures.
• Maintain up to date and accurate patient care records and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Assist in Activities of Daily Living (hygienic and nutritional etc.,)
• Maintains patient medical records confidential
• Performing physical exams and patient observations.
• Recording patients’ medical histories and symptoms.
• Monitoring and operating medical equipment.
• Administering medicine and other treatments.
• Liaison with healthcare professionals and families.
• Educating patients and their families to manage and prevent illness and injury.
1. Compassion and Empathy towards patient
2. Clean background check and clean drug screen
3. Clinical skills
4. Bedside manner & Presentability
5. Infection control
6. Physiological knowledge
7. Administering medication
8. Medical teamwork
9. Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication