JOB TITLE: CRITICAL CARE NURSE
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY NURSING SUPERINDENT
QUALIFICATION: B.SC NURSING
LICENSES: Registration certificate from Nursing Council
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Registered B.SC Nursing
EXPERIENCE: Worked at an ICU or Emergency room for minimum of 3 years
JOB OVERVIEW: critical care nurses are trained to use their skills and experience to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Proven ability to apply advanced clinical nursing skills in a home care setting
• Proven ability to solve problems and to adapt nursing interventions as appropriate
• Perform accurate, systematic assessment of patients who are critically ill and contribute patient care plans.
• Should be able to initiate independently life-saving procedures like ACLS when a patient’s condition is critical.
• Ability to handle BIPAP, CPAP machines, ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment.
• Collaborating with fellow members of the clinical care team.
• Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
• Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients
• Ensure thorough knowledge on drug calculation, administration and drug action and Skilled in administering I.V. Therapy and P.I.C.C. Lines
• Should have clear knowledge on therapeutic diet and total parenteral nutrition
• Ensures accurate documentation of care is given
• Implementing nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
• Preparation and/or administration of medications including Pre-Pour Medications, Pre-Load Syringes as required
• Medication monitoring and support for clients with acute or chronic health conditions
• Observing skin colour, texture and general condition to find infection early in clients.
• Ability to care for patients with tracheostomy /Burns.
• Ability to provide the wound care dressing, catheter and Ostomy care
QUALIFICATIONS: B.SC NURSING/ DGNM with minimum 3-5 years experience in ICU/ER
1. Compassion and Empathy towards patient
2. Clean background check and clean drug screen
3. Clinical skills
4. Bedside manner & Presentability
5. Infection control
6. Physiological knowledge
7. Administering medication
8. Medical teamwork
9. Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication
CERTIFICATIONS: Relevant certificate as per the qualification